America and Thailand are two different countries, but they share one thing in common: a love of the game of Keno. What’s more, many Americans play Keno online when they can’t find a physical site to visit. But did you know that there are some major differences between the way America plays Keno vs Thailand? This article will give you 10 things you didn’t know about these two games so that the next time you’re playing, you’ll be able to make an informed decision on where your money is best spent!
10 things you didn’t know about Keno in Thailand vs Keno in America:
- Keno in America is played via a digital interface on your computer or phone, and Keno in Thailand requires you to play at one of the many physical locations. However, there are some sites in Thailand like โจ๊กเกอร์123 that offer amazing Keno games!
- Thailand’s game has simpler rules than American Keno – but this isn’t necessarily a bad thing! The objective remains the same: get as close to 75 points without going over so you can win cash prizes.
- A $0.25 wager will earn you 15 balls for Thai Keno, whereas only 12 are given per $0.50 bet with an American machine. Therefore, if players want more chances, they need to stay within their budget when playing overseas (which may be difficult).
- If you’re looking for high stakes, you can find some American Keno games with a $100 wager. However, if you’re not willing to spend that much money on one play, then Thailand is the place for you because there are no stakes in their game!
- In America, you can play Keno for prizes of up to $100. However, in Thailand, the maximum prize is just $30.
- You have a 39% chance of winning when playing American Keno which has 12 numbers per game, but only 13% with Thai Keno which has 18 numbers.
- If there are no winners in an American Keno game, all bets will be returned minus a small amount that goes towards your taxes and administrative costs. This doesn’t happen in Thailand because they use what’s called a “parimutuel” system where everyone pays into one pot, and if nobody wins then the winnings are split among those who placed their bet on it being drawn (called “runners”).
- In America, you can play a Keno game by yourself or with up to six other people. This is different in Thailand because they only allow for single-player games.
- In the United States, more than 16 million adults play Keno on occasion, and about 18% of these players do so online rather than at brick and mortar sites like casinos or bars, which sell them directly from the cashier’s booth.
- The odds of winning an American Keno ticket depend on how many numbers are drawn before your number comes up, but this doesn’t happen in Thai Keno since it has no draws – meaning that once you have selected a runner, all bets become void!